Tuesday 24 February 2015

LFW | Day 5: Colour pop



Fur - Primark Limited Edition
Orange jumper - Zara
Turtle neck - Thrifted
Culottes - Monki
Trainers - Adidas Superstar Originals
Clutch - Monki
Sunglasses - Topshop

So I made a vow with myself to do colour this Fashion Week, and well here it is! Tbh, the way I was rushing to just leave the house in time to make it to my first show today this is genuinely a thrown together look.. I started out just wanting to be warm and comfy, hence this suuuper cosy turtle neck I snatched for just £1 at a charity shop a while back, and these Monki culottes are the silkiest, cosiest bottoms ever, but the material of them makes them look so much more expensive than they actually were! And then I had the idea to spice up my outfit a lil with this orange jumper, which I've never known what to pair it with but enjoyed the idea of just clashing everything and making it work, hence the final touch; my cheeky lil skunk/fur stole. We managed to get FR for all of our shows this last day, and even got a cheeky snap, the concentration on my face though..


Also, my flatmate was actually showcasing her Rachel Boston Jewellery range in the Designer Showrooms at Somerset house, and she loaded me up with some of her goodies for the snap below. I wore a necklace from her previous collection on Day 2 at LFW, check out that post here. But seriously you guys have to check her out, her collections are to diiiie for, and have even been worn by Rihanna herself for the cover of W magazine (check out the cheeky septum featured here)


But all in all, the highlight of today and LFW in general was most definitely the C.J Yao show at Fashion Scout. Oh. My. Life. This collection ahhhh, the execution of every single garment was to perfection, and I would literally wear everything straight off the catwalk it was incredible. The collection consisted largely of geometric structure and layering, my heart genuinely skips a beat when I look at this collection wah! (warning: a good few photos of the collection to follow, sorry not sorry)



So there you have it, LFW a/w 15 is a wraaaap. And now I can get all excited for LCM in June, yayayay. Also newsflash! For y'all who know me or have me on social media will probs know that I worked at Monki, but I have officially now left! Tbh, the main reason was that the cost of London living just wouldn't allow me to continue working there part time, but I maaay be working on some cheeky things with them in the future, but sssshhhh ;) Anywho, I'm now a sassy Receptionist at the amazing Blue Tit hair salon in Dalston *fab hand pose emoji* which is great in sooo many ways, one being that I can finally experiment a lil with my hair! I know some of y'all are chuckling to yourself like ummm what hair.. but hello, colour! So yas, keep your beautiful eyes peeled for a cheeky lil makeover and new job post coming soon!

As always stay tuned!

Char x


No comments: